If Dissatisfied With Your Appeal

Decisions of the Tribunal are final decisions. If you are dissatisfied with your hearing or the final decision you have three options:

  • Judicial Review – you can file a petition in the B.C. Supreme Court asking a judge to review the decision.
  • Complaint to the Tribunal – you can call or write to the Tribunal Chair.
  • Office of the Ombudsperson – you can contact the Office of the Ombudsperson if you feel that we were unfair.

More information about these three options is set out below.

Judicial review

If you would like a judge to review the decision, you will need to file a petition for judicial review.  A judicial review must be filed within 60 days of the date of the Tribunal decision.

For help with a judicial review, please contact an advocate.

For more information on judicial reviews, please see the BC Supreme Court judicial review guide.

You can view judicial reviews of Tribunal decisions on the Judicial Review of Decisions page of our website.

Complaint to the Tribunal

If you have a concern about the conduct of your appeal or any interaction with the Tribunal, you can make a complaint to the Tribunal Chair. 

How to Make a Complaint

You can make a complaint by contacting the Tribunal Chair, Emily Drown, as follows:

PHONE Toll-free: 1-866-557-0035 | In Victoria: 250-356-6374

MAIL PO Box 9994 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria, BC V8W 9R7

FAX Toll-free: 1-877-356-9687 | In Victoria: 250-356-9687

EMAIL info@eaat.ca 

Complaint Process

The Tribunal Chair will review the issue(s) you have raised.  The Tribunal Chair may contact you to ask further questions about the complaint.  They may also contact any tribunal member or staff involved with your appeal.  To ensure a fair hearing, they will not contact panel members until your appeal concludes.

The Tribunal Chair will contact you with their decision about your complaint.  The Tribunal Chair’s decision is final.


The Ombudsperson assists with and investigates complaints from members of the public about the administration of government programs and services. Whether it’s a delay in receiving service or a disagreement with a decision made, The Ombudsperson impartially listens and works to find fair solutions to problems.

If you feel you were treated unfairly, you can submit your complaint online or contact the Office of the Ombudsperson by telephone at (250) 387-5855 or toll-free: 1-800-567-3247.

The Ombudsperson’s website can be found at: https://bcombudsperson.ca/